Floor Designer / Sales Associate
The Home Index is currently looking for a floor designer/sales associate to work at our retail store/design center located in Napa, CA. If you are passionate about home decor and interested in furthering our tradition of excellent customer service and expertise we would like to hear from you!
The Home Index recently rebranded and is now Napa Valley's design resource and ultimate destination for beautiful, thoughtful home furnishings, including furniture, designer fabrics, and wallpapers, lighting, rugs and textiles, unique gifts, design services and more. Our midtown Napa location is a complete community resource for interior design, providing individuals, home owners, designers, and architects with access to an extensive index of furnishings, finishes, and inspiration.
The Home Index has created a store culture that is fun, energetic, rewarding, and where continuous learning is involved. If you are goal oriented, work hard, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude-then the sky's the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive hourly rate
- 401K available with company matching
- In-store events and local charity/community partner support
- and more...
Help us evolve from a high-end furniture and gift store to the North Bay's largest design resource for furniture, lighting, wall and floor coverings, fabric, tabletop products, and more!
What a floor designer does:
- Offers design wisdom and inspiration while helping customers select the perfect product for their space
- Speaks comfortable on the functional and stylistic benefits of each of our custom products
- Contributes to the day-to-day operations of the shop and design center
- Attends in-store events and design nights targeted towards local design professionals (i.e. architects, interior designers, contractors, electricians, and realtors.
- Participates in ongoing product training, as well as, monthly staff meetings
- Must be able to lift minimum 40 lbs.
- Stand long periods of time
Does this sound like you?
- Bring 2-3 years of professional experience to a team that is growing!
- Combine your love of home decor and selling skills - bring this expertise to an enthusiastic team environment
- Embrace change as well as facilitate it
- Go the extra mile every time to surprise and delight customers
- You are flexible and can work a schedule that includes weekend hours
- Appreciate the investment you are making in this company, and in return, our investment in you
Ideal skillset of Floor Designer/sales associate:
- Positive and friendly demeanor to every customer and colleague
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and interest of the design industry
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, yet a team player
- 2-3 years of experience in retail, design, sales or customer service
- High quality professional references
How to apply:
Please send both your resume and cover letter to email@example.com